Goodwill Solutions Community Interest Company is a multi-award-winning company providing a range of warehouse services, while also providing social impact through its work helping people, from all backgrounds, to start careers with the logistics sector. Based in Northampton, the company provides specialist logistics services to blue chip retailers and manufacturers.
As well as working with veterans and people thinking of leaving HM Forces for a civilian career in logistics, Goodwill also provides training and personal support to people that have mental health problems, ex-offenders, the long-term unemployed and the homeless. Through its work supporting the disadvantaged it has helped hundreds of people gain employment and gain the confidence and skills to change their lives. Unusually for a social enterprise, it does not depend on grants to operate, but funds its social impact work through its commercial activities.
In 2019 Goodwill’s parent organization, Goodwill Holdings CIC, decided to expand the company’s training and work placement offer. Following detailed market research, the Supply Chain Open Education Academy was launched in August 2020.
- The Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2020;
- Barclays Entrepreneurs Award 2017;
- UK Private Business Award 2017;
- Northamptonshire Police Chief Contable’s Special Commendation 2017;
- Recognized as one of Europe’s 1000 fastest growing companies by the Financial Times 2017;
- Silver Award in the Armed Forces Covenant Employer Recognition Scheme;
- SME Community Business of the Year, Northamptonshire Business Awards 2019.
Goodwill is very grateful for the supporting and funding it received from the VocTech Now 2020 fund, run by Ufi and the RAF Benevolent Fund. The fantastic support these organisations provided meant the Supply Chain Open Education Academy opened its doors, and its virtual doors, with an excellent range of accredited courses, and plans for many more to come.